Sunday, January 19, 2014

Glass Slipper Challenge Training: week 16


Monday: Rest

Tuesday: 2.5M

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Rest

Friday: Rest

Saturday: 5M

Sunday: Rest

I'm starting to understand why people hate winter training. I feel like every time I need to do a long run, there is either snow or rain on the forecast. I don't mind the cold temps as much as I mind adding rain or snow to it. It's just a recipe for pneumonia and no one's got time for that. Fingers crossed I'll be able to run in the sun soon. That's not too much to ask, is it?

I'm being super lazy about going to the park during the week, so nothing new to report! Thursday, I was going to go to the gym, but had dinner plans, so that was clearly more important. I'm trying to balance training and a social life, remember? We'll see how that works out. 

I couldn't decide if I should try to get over an 8 mile run in this weekend, or make it a down weekend. I'm clearly having a hard time following and sticking to a training plan, so I'm just going to wing it, which is, of course, a terrible idea. I have a half marathon next weekend (remember when I thought it would be a good idea to sign up for it bc my training plan already had 12.5 for that day? Clearly all of my new year goals are out the window and we're still in January) and I plan on doing back-to-backs for it. I'm annoyed that I haven't been able to get more longer runs in, but what are you gonna do? 

Last minute, I decided to just do 5 miles and save my legs for next weekend. My knees are in serious need of a date with the foam roller. Even though I only "ran" a 10k last weekend, I spent a lot of time on my feet, so I'm counting it as training. If WDW marathon weekend taught me anything, it's you can do whatever you set your mind to. So, I've totally got this! 

How was your week?

1 comment: