Friday, May 16, 2014

(3 Things) Triscuit obsession, RNRLV Virtual Race shirt, and repurposing plastic bags


I have a confession.
I'm obsessed with Triscuits.
 



Thanks to the commercials on Hulu, I discovered there are new Brown Rice and Sweet Potato version. Then, I discovered they don't have any sugar- what?! That's amazing. Granted The cinnamon sugar has 3 grams, but other than that, these are perfect chip replacements especially with the variety. I've spent the past 2 weeks on a mission to find every flavor. If you've ever grocery shopped in New York City, you should know how hard this is. Luckily the grocery by my work is the mecca for all things Triscuit. The reining champ is The Brown Rice Tomato and Sweet Basil.
You're welcome.


My shirt from participating in the Rock-n-Roll virtual race to kickoff the Las Vegas Half Marathon finally came in. Does anyone else specifically remember them saying they would be sending TECH shirts? Yes, they were free, but I'm not a fan of false advertising. I don't know if I would've wasted their postage if I would've known. I need another cotton shirt like I need another hole in my head, but then again, who am I kidding? You know I love my swag.


Speaking of swag, I'm really loving the branded bag check bags for races lately. Anyone have a Pintrest board on how to re-use them? I just pinned something about fusing to make them fabric like. Yes, I know they're just plastic bags, but they're pretty. Bring on the arts and crafts project!

What are you obsessed with lately?

10 comments:

  1. I love that you doe "3" things friday. Very easy to read. I once read a blog that was "10" things friday. Does that even make sense? ( okay, I know I shouldn't be saying that..haha).
    You had me all excited for a minute, I thought you were going to be running RnR Las Vegas with us in November! Pretty cool that you signed up for the virtual run. I wish I had thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technically, it's supposed to be on Thursday, but I was late. haha!

      I wish I could be there with yall in November. Can't wait to hear all about it, though!

      Delete
  2. I thought it was a tech shirt too and I checked my registration, it says t-shirt, whom whomp :( I thought the sizing was way off though. Mine was a medium, it looked like a small, maybe even an extra small. Oh well, free shirt. I tried fusing plastic bags once to make something…epic fail…good luck and can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, I think the shirt stretches?

      You make me nervous about fusing but we'll see!

      Delete
  3. Sweet potato triscuits?! And cinnamon? I need these in my life. I've been trying to find a decent snack to take to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes. You do need these in your life. They're amazing!

      Delete
  4. I was actually expecting a generic, unisex t shirt to come, so to have a women's cut with some stretch in it was really surprising to me! I've already worn the shirt :) I'm loving the new flavors of Triscuits too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it couldn't be tech, I guess the shirt is better than that. You're right.

      Delete
  5. We live in a Midwestern suburban area which is awesome - you can easily find pretty much anything you want when it comes to shopping. So I'm always amazed when I'm downtown in a Metro area like Chicago or Boston, at just how hard it is to find groceries. I guess if you live there, you know exactly where to go - but it just seems like a giant hassle, with minimal selection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT IS!! Ugh. Even though you eventually figure out which stores have what, it's very confusing and annoying.

      Delete