Saturday, January 26, 2013

And the award goes to. .

To the person who nominated my blog for the eCollegeFinder's Top Health & Fitness Blog: Thank you :) I just received word that my blog was one of the winners! Even though, I wasn't as into Health and Fitness in college as I should have been, here are a few tips I've picked up along the way:

- Hydration is the key! Drinking enough water everyday can help you in so many different ways, it's almost too easy.

- Taking walks around campus with friends (done safely!) is a fun way to hang out but be doing something at the same time.

- Multi-vitamins. You'll thank me later.

I really appreciate this award and if you have a second, you should check out the other blogs, too. They all look amazing!

Thanks to Jaime, I had something to occupy my time while I get over being sick (is it ironic that it's food poisoning and I just got an award for health? Such is my life!). She has awarded me and my blog The Leibster Award. I also find this comical, because I wish I could've thought about some of these questions during our marathon, but somehow I blanked. I'm blaming the heat :)

So what is the Liebster Award?


The Liebster Award nomination goes to those bloggers who have a following of less than 200 to promote other bloggers to comment and share - even get to know each other! I think this is great, because it gives you the potential to gather a larger following! If you get nominated, you cannot nominate the person who nominated you (No tagbacks!).


The point of the Liebster Award is to answer questions, tell 11 secrets about yourself, and nominate 11 other bloggers who fit the criteria. Here it goes!"

Questions from Jaime:

 
1. If you could get on a plane and go anywhere, where would it be and why?
New Orleans to visit home. Today is my niece's birthday and it just kills me sometimes that I don't get to be there for stuff like that. Even though I don't ever see myself moving back there (or to the South for that matter), sometimes it would just be nice to be a tad closer.

2. What is one major thing you would like to accomplish in your life time?
Well, I just crossed "running a marathon" off my list (even though I didn't know it was there in the first place!) what more do you want from me?! Just kidding, but I am open to new ideas. Maybe a Ragnar is next? Outside of running, I think I'd like to be a Creative Director for something involving running (coughrunDisneycough- just kidding! They wouldn't pay me enough :)

3. What was your favorite class in high school or college and why?
Civics in High School, Political Science in college and Advanced Typography in college (2nd degree). Even though these were subjects I was interested in at the time, they were my favorite because of the teachers who taught them. Hands down.

4. What is one thing that always makes you smile?
When B does silly dances; gets me every time and she knows this. Or getting to talk to/ see my nieces.

5. If you were going to try a new hobby, what would you try?
How about old hobbies? I have so many, I can't keep up! I should probably crochet more, seeing as the amount of yarn in the apt is obnoxious.

6. What is your favorite kind of music?
The kind that makes me run faster? :)

7. What is your favorite race and why?
Rock-n-Roll Seattle. It was my 3rd Half marathon and where my PR lives. It was the first (and close to only) half I've ever finished where I felt amazing throughout the entire race. The weather was perfect and the course was beautiful. If only more races could be like that. 

8. If you could live anywhere for a year where would it be?
Canada, but then I don't think I'd ever come back. 
So, if it could only be a year, India.

9. What made you start blogging?
20-something narcissism? Who knows? When I was training for my 1st half marathon with TNT, I would blog about my progress on my fund-raising page. I decided I wanted to keep blogging about running, but my personal blog at the time wasn't really running/ healthy living appropriate, so I created this!

10. If you could meet a famous person, past or present, who would it be?
I've met enough famous people to know that if you want to meet them, they're usually not worth it. Not to say all famous people are d-bags, but I'd rather keep my idea of who they are and never know the truth, then to be completely let down (which has been the case for me).

11. What is something you have done that you are really proud of?
 

The biggest thing would have to be moving to New York and making it to 5 years (so far)! Running a marathon is pretty awesome, but if you think about it, it's just the ultimate metaphor for life. Living in New York can be extremely brutal, and just like what they say I truly believe if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere. I don't think I would have been strong enough to run a marathon without New York and without the marathon, I don't think I would've ever truly appreciated New York. So, maybe they can go hand- in hand. 

And here are 11 things about me:

1. I judge races by their branding (and medals). I hate that running is filled with really bad branding and most runners either don't know the difference or praise it. Seriously, people, the stick runner went out in the 90s, please, for the love of all things holy, let it die already!

2. I absolutely love me some edamame and would eat it at every meal if I could.

3. I stopped wearing heels when I moved to the city and sometimes I miss them. Only sometimes.

4. I'm not really a big fan of pink, yet am always drawn to it for some reason. So much so, people think it's my favorite color and it's not.

5. I really like chain-food restaurants. I know I get a lot of slack for it, but it's something about the big open space and booths that's comforting. I would pick going there than a fancy New York tablessocloseyou'reeatingontopofeachother restaurant any day (and often do).

6. The only reality TV show I've ever watched was The Newlyweds. It's ok, you can judge (I totally judge people who watch reality TV, too). I don't think I've ever forgiven Jessica for the way she treated Nick.

7. I got my first pedicure at 22 and I'm not really a fan of them.

8. This was my first case of serious food poisoning and it super sucks! I have not be able to eat anything for the past 3 days and I as much as I would love to say otherwise, I hate that the only thing I can eat are carbs.

9. My favorite movie genre has gone from romantic comedies to documentaries (with a side of animation).

10. As cheesy as it sounds to a New Yorker, my favorite thing to do is ride the Staten Island Ferry and see the Lady in the Water (The Statue of Liberty). It's also where I was proposed to, so it will always have a special place in my heart.

11. I heart my iPad mini more than my iPhone. Don't tell.

With that, I nominate the following blogs (which some I do not know how many followers you have, but I just like reading your blog; even if I have become a lurker as of late):


Fred- NOLA Runner
and if you so chose to accept, here are my 11 questions:

1. What's your favorite self indulgence?
2. What's you definition of happiness?
3. 10 years ago, where did you see yourself being now?
4. What are your 3 must haves for a roadtrip?
5. If you could have a super power, which one would it be? Why?
6. What's your idea of a Perfect Saturday?
7. What made you start blogging? (Stolen from Victoria and Jaime, ha!)
8. Favorite storybook story/character as a child. Why?
9. If you had to wear a certain thing everyday for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
10. Why did you start running?
11. If you could only run one race ever: which would it be and why?
 

If I left you off and you want to do it, email me and I'll add you to the list (because who doesn't want to find new hidden jem blogs?!)

Hope everyone's weekend is spectacular!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for you!! I'm so with you on pink - I actually used to hate the color, but then I became strongly attracted to it, but it isn't my favorite color. And I'm so with you on chain restaurants. It can be so comforting, plus you know what to expect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's bc pink is the only color widely manufactured, you know?
      So comforting! And I'm a picky eater.

      Delete
  2. Newlyweds... I was so bummed when it went off the air and sad when they divorced. Then I just found Nick to be a total pansy when he started with all those sappy I'm sad love songs.

    I REALLY want to go to New York and go to the Statue of Liberty!

    Thank you for the nomination. I'll have to make sure I do your questions, too!

    ReplyDelete