Wednesday, June 11, 2014

New Balance Girls Night Out! NYC Edition

 

A couple of weeks ago, Pam and I attended the first of it's kind, Girls Night Out hosted by New Balance. I found out about this event through the contest their hosting for a Girls Night Out at RunDisney's Wine & Dine Half Marathon weekend.


The event was at the New Balance store on 5th Ave. 

The evening was great! We had a guided warm up and then were separated into 2 running groups. I knew I wasn't going to be able to keep up with the group after running The BK Half that weekend, so I asked what the route was and Pam and I ended up doing our own thing. We picked up a new runner along the way who was left behind by the group and had fun making a new friend!

The route was supposed to take you over to the High Line, up to 23rd and then back around for a total of 3-4 miles (depending on the group). We cut ours to 2 miles and accidentally got back before the faster group. Opps! But no worries, they were there before we knew it and that's when the party began!

There were h'ordeuvres and a fully stocked bar for cocktails. The Editor of Fitness Magazine talked to us about motivation and the NYPD spoke about runner safety. 

 We even got our own panic alarm to bring with us on runs.


No event is awesome until there is a photobooth!


There was dancing and fun to be had! 

It was really fun and I can't wait for the next one!

11 comments:

  1. How fun!! I wish one of these would come to Omaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun! You have so much fun in the city girl, I may just have to come visit you! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - that looks like such a fun event!! Super cute pic of you and Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so fun! You always find cool stuff to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a totally fun event! I need to keep my eye out for more fun stuff like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I need to keep my eyes peeled and fingers crossed they do this in other cities.

    ReplyDelete