Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Post-marathon blues.

Normally I would've been at the gym on a Tuesday. Instead, I had a much needed dinner date with my PIC. And thank goodness. We spent the majority of it talking about our week post-marathon. I have eaten donuts 7 out of the past 10 days, been on the verge of homicidal mania (R.I.P. my iPhone4. Don't ask) and more exhausted for doing nothing than I ever was during training- and that says alot! Her week wasn't any better. Little did we know, we were describing classic post-marathon blues, but it took us half way through dinner to realize that's what's been going on. I'm sure under normal circumstances, people's 1st marathon experiences aren't quite so eventful. Just the past 2 weeks weather patterns were enough to throw someone off balance, let alone tossing a marathon into the mix. What a relief! Thank goodness we figured it out before we quit our jobs and moved to Tahiti ;)

So all is well as well as it can be here. I'm going to try my damnedest not to drive everyone insane by taking full time to recover. 26 days is insane. My body is already ready to go. This past week, I've eaten terribly and not done a single extra physical activity. It feels so gross. It's ready to burn this stuff off. But I will be good. I can't mentally afford not to run The Disney Marathon in January.

And because The Universe is so awesome like that, this was waiting for me when I got home:

Tara Stiles Yoga DVDs
Perfect Solution to cure post-marathon blues!

Can't wait to tell yall all about it.
How do you cure post-race depression?

2 comments:

  1. If you find that cure, let me know!!

    I seriously hope we done go through this after Disney. I mean it's Disney -- we should finish and feel happy and NOT just crash after, right??

    I'm already planning my post-race celebration at Epcot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I do, you're the first to know!

      I hope so, too . . and I'm sure our energy will change once we get there. . right?!

      Delete