Sunday, May 26, 2013

Dumbo Training week 4




MON: Rest

TUES: 2M and PiYo

WED: Rest

THURS: Zumba and 5M on the stationary bike

FRI: Yoga

SAT: Rest

SUN: 4M

Just got back from my run and it sucked. I can safely say, I won't be able to train this time around in my PureFlows; which is super upsetting. I don't think my body is ready to go minimal- although I have been running/training in my old Nike Frees and I can handle them. I tried to reincorporate my Flows today but it didn't work out so well. Mile 1: My feet hurt so bad, I walked. Mile 2: My calves hurt so bad, I walked. Mile 3: My bladder hurt so bad, I walked (Thank you, baby Jesus that most parks/ playgrounds have bathrooms!) Mile 4: My mental state hurt so bad, so I walked. I honestly only ran about 4 minutes total. But hey! It's time on your feet, right? I can't blame it all on my Flows, though. That yoga class was awesome but left me super sore.

I'm also having a hard time wanting/ psyching myself up for long runs. Usually, it's all the other stuff- cross training, running during the week- but now I can't motivate myself to get out the door on the weekends. I'm sure being sore all the time and doing all my weekday runs on the treadmill isn't helping matters. Maybe I'm over doing it during the week? Maybe I can only be good at one or the other? Maybe I need to incorporate more outdoor runs?! Maybe I should've thought of all these things during the 4 mile run this morning instead of focusing on the pain and it would've been better?

Aren't you glad you're not inside my head or my running partner? haha. Anyway. I am excited about having another day to recoop. YaY! Memorial Day weekend. 

How was your week of training?

10 comments:

  1. I have a linkup on my post today for a weekly round up! AAND ill also be at Dumbo can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funniest I've read in a while "Thank you baby Jesus". ha. Sorry the Pure's don't work for you. I had exactly the same experience with them. I know a lot of people love them, but they kill my feet. Don't beat yourself up with all the questions about training. Bad days happen. Just get ready for a good one soon. Best wishes with your training.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so weird because they were fine for marathon training. Oh well. Thanks for the kind words!

      Delete
  3. I'd love to be your training partner because that is what has been going on in my head lately too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I'm not alone, Summer! I think we'd be great running partners!

      Delete
  4. I originally had trouble with longer runs, but when I started to 'reward' myself after doing even .5 miles more than I had anticipated I wanted to do more. It was almost like bribing myself. If I do 7 miles I will give myself the opportunity to have one margarita and I'll get a headband or buy a song off iTunes. Maybe that might work?? I helped expand my running wardrobe by bribing haha. I hope you heal up fast so you can get back out there! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meg! I'll have to try that next weekend!

      Delete
  5. Seriously, I am always so thankful for bathrooms at parks!! Girl, I am right there with you motivation. Boo for a crappy 4 miles, but its still 4 miles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! It wasn't going to be pretty if there wasn't a bathroom. haha! What is it with no being motivated? Is it in the air? Ugh!

      Delete