Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Saturday Sick Day

Having the race Sunday and nothing to do Saturday, I was under strict orders to stay planted on the couch and rest. Seemed reasonable. I had a full blown cold with a slight fever.
That proved to be harder said than done, especially since I hadn't run that morning. It's very hard not to want to do something when you're not used to the luxury of lying in bed all day! One day I will have weekends like that again.

So, in the time it took for me to "watch" A Bug's Life, I made my Smee hat, instead of taking a nap. So. Worth. It.

Getting. Super. Excited. 

What do you do on sick days instead of rest?

Since I just found this AND it totally applies to the weekend in which this hat was made for, please enjoy this amazing video of Bulls Eye dancing at one of The Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween parties. I have decided that my night will no longer be made by just meeting Maleficent. I will need uncharacteristic dancing to commence in my presence and it better be epic.


Speaking of uncharacteristic dancing, my uncoordinated self will be adding the below into my marathon training. I mean what says totally awesome more than the Creeper Crew?!


I can't think of a better way to  loosen up my muscle the night after a 10mile race + 7, can you?

4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, I am not ashamed to admit I have the Calling all the Monsters song on my iPod. Oh yes, I do love me some Disney tween music! And now I need to learn the dance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This? Is why we're totally meant to be friends! Thanks for reminding me to do that!! I have a TON of Disney tween music on mine too!

      I feel like I need to call my niece now and ask her what she's listening to. This is the stuff that gets you through training!

      Delete
  2. Hope you are feeling better and your race was awesome!

    ReplyDelete