Thursday, July 18, 2013

(3 Things) Universe lessons, Paying the Kindness Forward and a 10k in Queens



This week the Universe has decided to teach me a few life lessons. You know the big ones: You never know what's going on with a person until you walk a mile in their shoes, life is too short, it will never give you more than you can handle, and just when you get comfortable it starts throwing curve-balls.  I've also noticed it's around this time of year. Anyone else have a particular time of year the Universe starts messing with them, or is it just me?



If you're on the fence about kindrunner, check out their 48 Hours of Paying the Kindness Forward campaign. Anyone who registers for www.kindrunner.com will receive a $10 Kindness Cash Rewards Credit towards a future purchase of ANY brand and ANY item! Can't beat that. Don't wait, it ends once they leave the office on Friday. Need more information? I wrote this post about the site, and then this one once it launched (Disclaimer: I am an ambassador for kindrunner.com and will be doing ongoing campaigns with the site. I will be providing my 100% honest opinion, per usual. Even if I wasn't, I'd still be telling yall about this awesome company).


I'm excited about this weekend's Queens 10k. If you haven't already guessed, I'm absolutely in love with the branding. They even had women's cut in the tech tee! During packet pickup, NYRR was also having a blowout merch sale. I got 2 running jackets for $15 each; you can't beat that! Even if it is 105 degrees outside and the thought of putting it on is torturous (dude. The walk from the 6 train to NYRR HQ is a KILLER), but I digress. I haven't been to Flushing Meadows Corona Park since the 13.1 Marathon Series in 2012, but I remember loving the park. There is so much to see there! I wish I lived closer. According to the almighty schedule, I need to get 11 in, so let's all pray to baby Jesus that the trains are going to be running smoothly; getting from Brooklyn to Queens on a Sunday morning definitely warrants prayers. Hopefully, I'm going to get to run with a friend who wants to try out intervals. I really think it's a perfect gateway to get people to like running and every runners wants more running friends! Yea. I know: Total Runnerd. 

How's your day?

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great race this weekend! :0) Yay for $15 jackets...you really can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shirt and branding really does rock. I've slowly become a fan of the neon, especially since I've been avoiding the heat by running closer to dark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely can't beat running jackets for $15. I applaud your self control stopping at just 2!

    ReplyDelete