Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Cook&Go Culinary Studio


I was really excited when I got the invitation to attend Cook&Go because it would force me into learning something new to cook. The menu in my apartment is in desperate need of a refresh, the healthier the better. It's easy for us to fall back on what we know how to make and what's quick. Full disclosure: I am not usually the cook (more like the sous-chef), but I try! I figured attending would be a perfect way to expand our menu and have some fun while doing it.


A little bit about Cook&Go Culinary Studio:
After several years of expansion in France, the NYC location (
443 W 16th St between 9th and 10th ave) is the very first Cook&Go Culinary Studio in the United States. They offer workshops for anyone who is looking to improve their cooking skills, or who just wants to learn a new set of dishes (and eat them!) You’ll be cooking up individual dishes on the spot and be given the recipes to make the meals at home. At Cook and Go, you make the entire meal, not just a part of it.

Bonus? Everything on the menu for the night sounded delicious and I'd have a chance to make it myself!

Our menu was:

  • Chickpea Burgers and Tahini Sauce
  • Spinach, apple, carrot, ginger smoothie
  • Raspberry filled shortbread sandwich

Like any awesome meal, we started with desert- making it that is. This is about the point when I realized I was way out of my league. I was a little overwhelmed at how fast it was going and wanted my dishes to be perfect. Once I let go of the fact I was not going to be the next Top Chef within 90 minutes, I started to enjoy myself. Our teacher was awesome, she made it an extremely laid back environment all while being extra informative. The company was great as well, but when is it not when bloggers are involved?! 


We moved on to the chickpea burger, who knew they were so easy to make?! It's definitely going to be added to the menu at my apartment! But even better than the chickpea burger was the Tahini sauce. None of us could get over how delicious it was! The list of ingredients for everything we made was so short, it's almost embarrassing that I hadn't thought to make it before. 


Next on the list was the smoothie, which was what I was looking forward to making most. I've been wanting to get a blender specifically for green juices for awhile and I think this was the push I needed. I don't know why I thought it was so complicated. I've been hesitant about making it because I'm not a fan of chunky or pulp, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. We used an immersion blender to make the juice; which I found out is usually used for soups, not so much chopping fruits and vegetables into smooth green juices. Honestly, I didn't mind the pulp as much as I thought I would. I'm pretty sure I need to get a regular blender now. 

Proof I did it!

The final products!

If this was a normal class, we would've packed up our dinner and left (hence, Cook&GO). When the weather's nice, most people take their dinner and eat it on the Highline, which is only a block away. I'd probably want to eat it ASAP instead of waiting to get back to Brooklyn, but that's only because I spend the last hour and a half drooling over the food. Since this was a private event, we got to eat there and I just couldn't believe how delicious it was. 

Brittany, Kimberly, Bridgitt, Our Awesome Teacher!, Carly, Me and Amanda!

This event was really great and I appreciate being invited. I'd definitely go back; it would be perfect for a girls night out or a date night. If you're interested in attending a class, which I highly recommend, use code BLOG14 for a 15% off. You can set up an account and every time you go, your recipes will be there.

Have you ever gone to a cooking class before?

I was invited to this event and enjoyed it so much, I wanted to share my experience with yall. I was not compensated or required to write about my experience. As usual, all opinions are my own.

13 comments:

  1. How fun! I have always wanted to take a cooking class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy cooking, so I think this looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree 100%... any event where bloggers are involved is usually a blast. :) Glad to have met you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so fun and great to have met a few fellow bloggers! That tahini sauce was *ridiculously* good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO great meeting you as well! That tahini sauce, man! YUM!

      Delete
  5. Cook & go was so fun! I am going to try making the recipes at home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was invited to a cooking class at Cook & Go recently and really enjoyed it: simple and fun!

    ReplyDelete