Sunday, February 16, 2014

Glass Slipper Challenge Training: Taper week!


Monday: Rest

Tuesday: 2.5M

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Massage

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Rest

Sunday: Rest

This week has been pretty busy work-wise. I've been trying to get ahead on projects before I leave for the The Glass Slipper Challenge. I'm pretty sure the only time I have large and last minute projects is when I'm about to go out of town. I'm a fan of ebb and flow but why does mine have to be so bi-polar?! Luckily, Tuesday I got out early enough I could squeeze in a quick treadmill run, except I was so early, I had to wait for a treadmill. Note to self: Don't do that again when you have a limited amount of time.

Thursday I was scheduled for a massage, because my legs have been desperate for one. I was concerned all week that the nor'easter/blizzard/ life suck was going to get it cancelled and I wouldn't be able to reschedule- that was the earliest I could get and it was exactly 10 days out from the race. Luckily, my appointment was during the window of no snow/rain. Of course, being me, I somehow pinched a nerve in my back by lifting my head wrong on the table. Oh how the road to hell is paved with good intentions. . . or something like that. 

I was hoping to squeeze in a short run this weekend, but that's not happening. With all the snow, there is no way I could do it outside and trekking into the city to run on the treadmill doesn't sound that appealing. Plus, our dog has me extremely worried and I refuse to leave him alone. The vet did some tests on him a few weeks ago and the spot where they took from has gotten irritated. I'm hoping by Tuesday he'll be ok. Thank goodness for the holiday tomorrow. So, no run for me even though I could really use it to burn off some of this anxiety. 

One good thing about being stuck at home is I've started packing! I had time to finish making my costumes and I'm super excited to wear them! I'm trying to leave enough room in my suitcase for the 3 new tech shirts and other random things I'm hoping to buy at the expo. 

Can you guess who I'm going as for the 10K?

I'm really looking forward to this weekend, especially because I get to reunite with this chick, and this one and I always need another excuse to see this one and Pam (even if we do live in the same city :) The best race weekends involve friends- old and new! If you're going, please say hello! Plus, B will get to be at both finish lines again. . . I feel like I'm getting spoiled. And is it wrong that I'm already looking forward to the post-race buffet?! YUM.

What are you looking forward to most on your next racecation? 

5 comments:

  1. Yayayayay!!! Can't wait to see you!! And yes, so over the snow. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making it to taper week! Yeah, it's pretty much damn near impossible to do ANYTHING outside. CAN'T STAND THIS. I'm so wanting a massage right now, BTW. I hope to see you this weekend! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, is the GSC this weekend already? Time flies when you're having fun... Uh, I mean snow bound by the winter from hell. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun! And I honestly have no idea what your costume is even though I feel like I should be able to figure it out! Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete