Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Tiffany necklace.

7 years ago, I decided to move to NYC. In my very Sex and The City charged naivety, I decided I would know if I had "made it" in the city if I could buy myself a Tiffany necklace and a pair of Manolos. Let's just say, my priorities have since changed.

With my 19th half marathon, I finally EARNED my Tiffany necklace.

and you can keep the Manolos, I prefer running shoes anyway ;)

Funny how much you can change as a person. There has been a lot of personal growth since moving to the city and a lot more to go. With all the detours and obstacles, I love the journey that got me to where I am today. And even though I never needed a necklace to prove my accomplishments, it's nice to have a symbolic reminder that I can do anything I set my mind to.

How do you measure your success?

12 comments:

  1. I definitely have this race on my bucket list! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, love how you started this post. Especially since I am watching SATC right now! When I bought my first Tiffany necklace, I claimed it as my first piece of "big girl" jewelry! I had never got a pair of Manolos though!

    Although success means something different to everyone, I think success is accomplishing something you've set out to do. It could be graduating, finishing a race, raising a child, or making a recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fully agree! Success is so many different things, even to one person!

      Delete
  3. Love this post! The necklace is great. I've seen some from previous years that I didn't really like, but I love this one. Great job, city girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm a fan of this year's. Hope we can run one together soon!

      Delete
  4. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say you've "made it." =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post Abby! I know I've made it in life, because I met an awesome person like you!!!! Looking forward to many more success in life for you and I.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MEGS! You made me cry at work!
      Trust me, my friend, I'm the lucky one :)

      Delete
  6. Love this!! That necklace is awesome!! I'm so happy you got it!!

    Success can be very tricky and always seem out of your reach, until you step back and realize what you have done. But you are so right in having something tangible to help prove (even to yourself) that you have achieved success.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these days, I measure success by the amount of kisses I get from my kid. :)

    ReplyDelete