Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Things I forgot to mention about the MCM weekend.

 When my face looks like this the morning of the race, I should've known better. 

The people's marathon should stay away from cheese-whiz embroidery and bad fraternity graphics on their shirts (A few posts back has the back). Then maybe then they can spring for a tech tee?

Fred PR'd. He wanted me to mention this. If he thinks I will be joining him to defend his PR next year, he is sadly mistaken. He also wanted a picture put up, but the only one we took together was before the race and I was trying to save the few readers that I do have from that scary sight. .. but since it was requested:

The End.

4 comments:

  1. Fred, Fred, Fred.

    Okay wait ... you didn't even get a tech tee?? Seriously? I never even sign up for races if they say it is just a cotton t-shirt, with the Disney 5K being the exception because they at least give me a medal and a chance to have fun in a theme park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I know. No tech tee. Not even for the marathoners, which I thought was C-razy. Something about wanting to keep costs down for entry fee, but hello! embroidery? I'm sure that's not cheap either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even like embroidery on a t-shirt really. I mean it gets stiff in that spot and annoys me after a while. I'd rather have a screen print tech shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do you say "Fred, Fred, Fred?" Its not like I had any argument when I said I wanted to do this race.

    Yes, the shirts are awful. Yes, our pic is atrocious. And yes, DC sucks. I want to go back for another MCM, but it won't be anytime soon. I promise.

    ReplyDelete