Thursday, April 18, 2013

3 Things.


I'm trying out a new technique. It's called focusing on the positive. Novel idea, right? There is way too much crazy going on in the world not to. I'm loving that I feel human again! I've been craving a good yoga session, too, but haven't gotten around to it. I hope I can start slowly going back to the gym next week. . .or whenever I stop losing my breath at the smallest activity. Man, is it easy to lose that endurance.

10 points to whoever knows where this is from :)

4 years ago today, I lost one of my favorite people in the world. 2 years ago today, I decided to make it a positive by choosing it as the day I quit smoking (it was also the day of The Boston Marathon. . so it had all kinds of significance). It's crazy how so much can happen through the years that all these things feel like a lifetime ago.



Travel Day! 
 Yes, I'm only going for the weekend.
No, it's not a race-cation and no, I don't know why I need so much stuff.

Reason #672 you know you're turning into a New Yorker: Bringing luggage onto a train at rush hour no longer gives you anxiety. Instead it gives you small joy to hit people "on accident" as you try to exit the crowded train because no one will move. Hey, that's positive! Another small joy: disguising your yoga pants as work appropriate (again). What can I say? It's a fun challenge. I should probably stop running around the office asking if people can tell they're yoga pants if I actually want to get away with it, but it's just so much fun!

What's your plan for focusing on the positive?
Any awesome plans for the weekend?

8 comments:

  1. I'm working on looking at the positive, too! Harder some days than others, but it's totally worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Word!! The past few months or so I feel like I've been slowly sinking into negativity with everything. I definitely need to focus on the positive. I'll be traveling this weekend too! Happy (and safe) travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one. Happy safe travels to you as well!

      Delete
  3. Abby, congrats on the two years smoke free. I'm working on one year tobacco free and hope to post on it in June. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jim! Congrats to you, too! That's amazing!!

      Delete
  4. I totally need to start focusing on the positive...I've really been trying and I think going to yoga regularly really helps.

    Congratulations on 2 years smoke free, what a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get back into my yoga. That does really help.

      Thank you :)

      Delete