Saturday, April 6, 2013

Special Treatment Saturday and a Stride Box surprise!

I interrupt this regularly scheduled Saturday to inform the interwebs of my latest and greatest accomplishment. 
Guys, I made a Quiche. 

Seriously. 

Saturday mornings not in training season, have turned into sleeping late followed by the best breakfast ever. This morning I decided to switch things up. I decided I would take over cooking duties. We have to take care of those who take care of us, right?! It was a well deserved special treatment Saturday that I'd love to keep in rotation. (Just not all the time, I reallyyy love those scrambled eggs)

Anyway, I figured that was definitely noteworthy since I'm far from what you'd call a chef and super proud I didn't poison anyone or burn down the apartment. 


Want to make your own? I found the recipe on Trader Joe's website awhile ago. I substituted Italian chicken sausage for the chirizo and a cheddar mix for the manchengo. It was really good, although, next time I will add more cheese. 

I know. I know. Who am I?!  


And while we're talking, yesterday I got a surprise StrideBox in the mail! I knew I had wanted to try it, but couldn't remember if I actually bought one. Turns out, my awesome friend Megan gifted it to me! I don't know how I got so lucky with such great friends, but I truly feel blessed. Thanks again for being so awesome! 

From just looking at the contents in this box, it seems like the program is totally worth it. I can't wait to try the new flavors of Nuun and ClifShots along with the Hammer, Barnana and Action Wipe products. I've heard good things about them all.

I just realized the last time Megan and I ran together was at last year's Cherry Blossom 10 Miler.
Good luck tomorrow, runners! 

How's your Saturday going?

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of a Stridebox. Looks awesome, though! Good job on the quiche. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hun! It was very yummy, surprisingly :)

      Definitely look into StrideBox. It seems like a good deal especially if you're training right now.

      Delete
  2. Yay for quiche making!! I'm so not a cook but I attempt it every once in awhile. It looks yummy!! And what a fun surprise!! I love getting things in the mail, especially if I wasn't expecting them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a cook either- this is was super easy. If I could do it, anyone can! :)

      Right?! Surprise mail is the best!

      Delete