Thursday, January 30, 2014

(3things) new favorite race distance, To Russia with Love and Maleficent


I think I've re-evaluated my new favorite distance. I'm usually a HUGE advocate for the 10k/ 6.2 miles, but I'm slowly realizing that it might be a TAD too short for me nowadays. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great distance for getting miles in, and not taking up your whole day. BUT the half marathon distance is still a little too far (especially after this weekend. But again, it was the farthest I had run since the marathon and once I get back into it, I'm sure it'll get easier). With all that said, I'm kind of loving the 15k or 10 mile distance. Sadly, those are not as popular distance races as I'd like. 


I stumbled on this initiative that Front Runners New York is doing and I think it's awesome. I hope they get enough miles to run there and back! You should log your miles here.


Earlier this week, Disney released a new trailer for Maleficent, including a hauntingly amazing remake of "Once Upon a Dream" by Lana del Rey. From the trailer, the movie looks like it's going to be from her point of view of the Sleeping Beauty story. Maybe I was thinking too "Wicked" and hoping it would be more of a prequel but I was a little disappointed. So, from here on out, I'm not putting too many expectations on it. But whatever the story is, she is my favorite and it's really important they get the story right. . . she was wronged!! haha. .  Anyone else feel this strongly about a fictional character?

6 comments:

  1. The DisBroads were actually just talking about race distances the other day. Most of us agree that 10 milers are a great distance, but are pretty hard to find.
    For Tinker Bell I preferred the feel of the half; I just wish I was faster at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! 10-milers are great. I think I've only done maybe one or two, though -- they're hard to find, like you said! I know what you mean about 10Ks feeling a little too "short" nowadays...funny to think back on how much I wanted to die after my very first 10K, haha. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Look how far we've come!

      I do wish there were more 10 milers.

      Delete
  3. I'm not at all sold on Maleficent at this point. It seems more like going to a movie theater to watch special effects than going to a movie theater to watch a story. I hope the trailers are underselling it and it's better than it appears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you. . . that's why I'm not getting my hopes up. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed.

      Delete