Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Belts for fueling runners.

Last night was my first night back running since the Philly half. Whoah. I know right? I can't remember the last time I missed a long run. Even if I skipped a week after a race, I'd always start back up with my long run. But this past weekend, I wanted to sleep in. And it felt really weird. In fact, I hadn't really felt right, until I finished my 3 miler last night.

What's even weirder is I got a brand new fuel belt I was dying to try, but that didn't even pull me out of bed. So, I know it wasn't a long run, but it was something to tell you my opinion of it.


I first heard about iFitness on The Bitchy Runners blog, and I was intrigued. Then I saw them at an expo and I tried it on and I was impressed that it was big enough to fit low on my hips. But that was that. I already had a fuel belt and it got the job done- although, in races, I really wish I had a place for my Gu instead of in my sportsbra. And it would be nice if my camera wouldn't get ruined in the little pouch that barely had room for it. And it would be nice if my bib didn't get caught on my belt when I moved it to get my camera out. You get the point.

So, last week, Swaggle was having a deal $10 for $20 worth of products at iFitness, so I decided I needed it in my life. It shipped super fast and Ta-Da! Now, I have a new running belt. Everything I need: water holders, pouch for cell phone or camera, Gu holders and Race Bib holders. Done and done.

On my 3 mile run, I ended up playing with it more than I wanted and it moved more than I thought it would, but I think it's just a matter of adjusting. I'm super excited about all the extra places for stuff. iFitness gets my approval (so far :-)

1 comment:

  1. I almost got a belt from that deal, too! I have a Spi belt and a double pocket iFitness belt. So I talked myself out of another. Then regretted it.

    ReplyDelete