Sunday, February 26, 2012

Progress!

With all the races coming up, I decided to bite the bullet and go get another massage. At the end of it, I didn't really feel that big of a difference. The next day I tried to run a little and the pain was still there. I was super depressed over it and had to cut my workout short. You know it's bad when working out can't make you feel better.

Later, I got my personal massage therapist to take action. At one point (well, in all honesty, many points) I screamed don't hurt my bone! The response was "What Bone?!" I don't know what I was thinking, but the place that hurt so bad wasn't my hip or a bone. It was a knot so tight, I thought it was a bone and I wouldn't roll it because it hurt so bad. Yea. Clearly, this designer paid a lot of attention in Biology. Now that we got that blonde moment out of the way (no offense to my fare haired peeps!), there was more screaming but a looser muscle. Hooray for figuring out the problem!

Once that happened, it felt like the massage was targeting the very painful spot without easing into it, to which I promptly stated "Baby, you need to buy me dinner first". After that, it was a little hard to get and give a massage in the middle of a giggle fit. I'm so funny. Maybe you had to be there, but we entertain ourselves a lot. Anyway, the point was taken and after a few more rub downs, we made serious progress.

Yesterday, I tested out our progress. I walked 6 miles (better than nothing and the time on my feet can totally count towards training) and it only started to tingle after 5ish. I think with more massages and serious foam rolling, we can get this fixed. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself because it's super frustrating to always be injured.

 taken from the Castle.
Crazy this exists in the middle of NYC.

On today's recovery walk, I didn't hurt but I wasn't trying to push. We took a hillier route through CP and stumbled upon the Belvedere Castle (how appropriate!), as seen in the previous post. We used our cool down to stop at Duane Reade to grab groceries for breakfast. As my chef was making me breakfast, I rolled in front of the TV, which IMHO I think is the best place for it. Totally took my mind off the fact I wanted to cry.

Anyone else have beginner running moments? 











2 comments:

  1. My whole run today felt like I was a beginner. It was sucktastic.

    Did you ever get that dinner? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad were are having a bad running time, but glad we're in it together!

    And of course I got the dinner! My love is amazing ;-)

    ReplyDelete