Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Waking Sleeping Beauty

source
Sorry, Disney is on the brain. I normally have this problem when I get back from a vacation there. I spend a few months being completely obsessed, then it dies down. This time, I don't think it will though seeing as I'll be going back in May. Oh Well. Sucks to be you if you're anti-disney.

Anyway, do you like documentaries? I'm such a nerd for them.

Are you a fan of the 2nd round of Disney golden years? They define my childhood.

Then you should really check out, Waking Sleeping Beauty. Netflix sent it to me and I just finished watching it.

My opinion? It was amazing at the amount of things that were documented back then. Most documentaries are a look back (I'm thinking the Pixar Story for one) but this one was told with films from that time. It was really neat to see that part of it. I highly recommend it if you're into that. If history repeats itself again, we only have about 30 more years until the 3rd round of reigning Disney movies take over again. Seriously, Disney, stop trying to make Randy Newman happen. It's not going to happen. He's not the next Howard Ashman. Move on already!

Thanks to Netflix, I already have The Boys: The Sherman Brothers' story, Frank and Ollie and Walt and El Groupo in my Queue along with some old Disney classics I've never gotten around to watching (I know, I know. I'm a bad former cast member!)

Has anyone seen any of these? What did you think?
Thoughts or opinions on recent Disney movies? What's your favorite?

3 comments:

  1. That sounds incredible!! I am definitely adding it to my queue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good one to check out!

    I'm just not really into Disney movies. I mean I liked them back in the days of Aladdin, Lion King, Little Mermaid. And then Sleeping Beauty, Sword in the Stone, etc..

    I kinda just like going to the parks! I LOVE the history stuff. I really like why Walt made the parks and yada yada yada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd like it. It talks about the corporate drama, too. There are a few moments were I was like Oh! That's what happened!

      Delete