Thursday, December 6, 2012

Three Things Thursday: Tutu time!

1. It's really hard to get back on the good carbs only wagon after falling off. Those things are whoah! addicting. Must work on that.

2. Just did a 5k on the treadmill in under 40 minutes and that included a warm up! What what?! I can't even tell you the last time I ran so fast.

3. To tutu or not tutu. This weekend is the Jingle Bell Jog. I have to add 12 miles to it and I'm not so sure doing them in a tutu is going to end well. Luckily, the PIC offered to be my traveling bag watch. But just in case, how much of a pain in the ass is it to run with a (light) bag? Anyone?

Are you running in a tutu this weekend?

7 comments:

  1. I'm not running in a tutu, but I am doing the Jingle Bell Jog in a Santa hat and festive Christmas socks! What are you training for that you need to get another 12 miles in? I've been finding it so hard to train in the winter, good for you for keeping up your high mileage in the cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YaY!! Hope to see you there! The tutu might get nix'd- I think it's supposed to rain?

      I'm training for the Disney marathon in Jan. At the time, I thought it was a good plan, now not so much! haha.

      Delete
  2. Totally running this weekend in a tutu, and there won't be a Jingle Bell Jog in sight.

    You're dealing with the cold, and I'm dealing with 80 degree weather. So jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the fast 5K! That is always fun when that happens. I am no longer a tutu person. I did it once for Tink and there was a bad chafing incident so now I stick with the sparkle skirts. Although I think the tutus are super cute! And I might try one again someday for a shorter distance, and being better prepared for the tutu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea. I'm not brave enough to wear one for an entire half marathon, but shorter races, totally! Although, the portapotty situation isn't much fun. I pulled it up to my chest. haha.

      Delete
  4. I'm way behind ... but I didn't run that weekend. I mean I probably didn't run one bit. I am THE biggest slacker EVER right now!

    ReplyDelete