Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 in Total

Even though it doesn't feel like it now, I got a lot done in 2012. I spent half the year so focused on the marathon that I almost forgot I started the year like a mad-crazy runner girl! I almost feel like the first half of the year was eons ago. Anyone else feel like that or is that what marathon training does to people?









1 (unofficial) Marathon
1 18M
6  Half marathons (1 virtual)
3  10M
1  15K
5  10K
1  5M
4  4M
3  5K
25 races total 

That's the exact number I ran in 2011. How weird is that? Adding up the miles, this year I raced 50 more miles than last. I don't even want to think about the training miles. Maybe next year I'll get even more advanced and actually track that stuff? 

I started the year by running 29.3 miles in 3 days. . .and continued doing insane things, including 5 weekends of nothing but half marathons and 10milers. Who does that and what was I thinking?! Can we say no wonder you're not getting any faster, smarty?

I really wanted 2012 to be the year of the Disney races (and it was!), but it looks like that's going to need to be extended another year so I can get my coast to coast! Just so I don't lose my insane status, I'll be starting 2013 by attempting to run the WDW Marathon (so I can get unofficial dropped off my title) and then The Dumbo Dare Challenge. Throw in a 5th anniversary Princess medal, another ToT10M and I am done!
 
After that? I want a break! 2 years of being in straight training has really done a number on me in so many ways. I think time off will be good for me. Who knows? Maybe I'll get faster! 

Of course I say this now. . . who knows what 2013 will bring?

How was your 2012?

3 comments:

  1. That is a LOT of running! And you're right that it doesn't take into account the oodles of miles of training runs you put in! I started the year off injured but finished well; I think I did 4 races.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's alot of races girls!! You had a great 2012. Enjoy Disney. It will be totally awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang!! That is a lot of races!! Yay for another year of DIsney races!! That coast to coast medal is so worth it. But I hear you on feeling like you are always in training mode. I'm hoping to get faster in 2013 too. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete