Wednesday, March 7, 2012

An expo and PureLove

Yes, I will admit it. I'm terrible at getting my recap up as fast as I want. I don't know how those bloggers get their recaps up the day of or after a race. I love them for it, but I don't know how they do it. As I try to get back to normal from visiting home and whatnot, I will leave you with this:

My new love! 

I have been wanting to get my hands on a pair of these since their launch last year. At the time, I had just bought 2 new pairs of Brooks Defyance 3s and I had gotten hurt from trying to incorporate my Nike Frees too quickly into my training. After that, a new pair of minimalist wasn't really going to happen. So, my fascination for them quickly died.

Then, I noticed how close RnR: NOLA was to my birthday :-)

I decided a new pair of PureFlos would be the perfect present. I also decided buying them at the expo would be an awesome plan, so I could potty like a rockstar. But, I didn't get to the expo until Saturday afternoon and VIP was sold out (along with a vast amount of the merch. I don't know if they just didn't order a lot or if the NOLA race was going to be that large). Boo.

 The expo was right next to Mardi Gras World!

 Mardi Gras fun!

 At the Claim Your Journey/ Run Louisiana Booth.

Anyway, a very nice man birdie told me that there were some stickers still at Varsity Sports on Magazine. . . so off we went!

I heart Magazine Street!

I got my new shoes. I got my VIP sticker. I got a free tshirt for buying shoes!

I put them on as soon as I got in the car and it was love, people. I can't even explain to you how amazing they felt. I wore them the rest of the day and I was tempted to wear them for the race (around mile 9, I really wish I would have, too!). I haven't run in them yet but I'm sure they will be amazing. The hard part is going to be incorporating them in as slow as I need so I don't get hurt this time. 

Or is that even necessary? Anyone run in The Brooks Pure Project? How do you feel about them?

2 comments:

  1. I got a shoutout! And congrats on another successful finish. How many does that make now? 8 with 9 & 10 on the way?

    My race recap blog should be posted today. Can't wait for you to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so snazzy!!

    Running out of merch ... THE reason I have to be there as soon as it opens!!

    ReplyDelete