Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Non-smoker shoe therapy.


For the record and randomness sake, I am soooo milking this I just quit smoking; like I needed another excuse to be an attention whore. My new favorite thing to say?  "I just quit smoking and I'm very sensitive right now. I need your love and support. Be nice to me. I need a present" Which is all true but it also works in my favor. 

And since I have no idea what to do with my time when I am bored, I decided to shop. Like I need another excuse to go into a running store. Yesterday, I went into H&M and I had no idea what to look for. Where are your running shorts? Wicking tanks? I can't remember the last time I bought something that wasn't made by Nike, Champion or Under Armor. Again, who is this person?

Anyway. It's getting very close to retirement time for Inga (my running shoes). I think she will be able to last through the end of April, but after that, it's time. We had lots of good times and it makes me sad to have to get new ones, but I guess that's life. There will always be a special place in my heart for her. (Would It be weird to bronze them? Yea. Thought so. Moving on.)

I've also been reading ChiRunning and I've been trying to practice it. It seems extremely logical and I did notice a difference in running when I was focusing on doing it properly. I'm a fan of being injury free, so why not?

Now, here's where I'm going to tie everything together (I hope). While I was trying on new shoes to replace my fabulous Brooks Defyance 4s, I noticed all the shoes were basically guiding me to walk heel to toe. I had to work to have a mid-foot strike. Maybe minimalist shoes are in my future? Any one have suggestions on how to go about switching? I don't even know how to go about doing that, but I will put my foot down to no toe-shoes. The fashionista in me can overlook a lot, but that's where she draws the line. 

Plus? Black running shoes are badass in my book. (Note: These are not minimalistic. Just badass)

But when I put on the Brooks minimalist ones, I looked like Ronald McDonald. (Below, are minimalist)



Any thoughts on this? 

I would like answers before this weekend, so I can make someone (coughmomanddadcough) buy me a new pair of shoes for my one week of smoke free status :-) 

1 comment:

  1. Personally, I like the badass ones. The minimalist ones are too girly!

    ReplyDelete