Sunday, April 10, 2011

Scotland 10K.

It's weird running on a Sunday. I feel like my weekend is supposed to be just beginning instead of about to end. Sad panda.
But I am happy because instead of being on the ground after the race this morning, this is what I looked like:
YaY!
Even though I was still in foot pain, it only escalated to about a 4 (instead of it's usual naggingly annoying 2. . . .you know on a scale from 1-10) and no hip pain (although, that pain only shows up around mile 9 and I only did 6). I know I'm rockin a rookie mistake by continuing to run, but I'm going to a doctor on Wednesday. Even though it's a GP, I'm going to pretend it's a sports medicine/ psychiatrist.

I have no idea how I did yet. The GPS on my RunKeeper app crapped out and it took about 15 minutes just to reach the starting line, so I will just have to wait until it's posted online.
Not that it matters. I had to keep telling myself that. I'm nursing an injury and just finishing before they close the finish line should be good enough.

Was it just me or did it feel like there were a million more hills? Little baby ones kept popping up that I don't remember existing throughout my last 4 months of training. Everyone kept groaning as we approached another one, and I would tell them "This is the last one!" and then another one would show up. opps. But seriously, does it even count as a hill after Harlem Hill? Everything else is just speed bumps in comparison.

I am proud of myself for being able to pass a ton of people as I got close to the finish and no one passed me. One guy was putting up a good fight, but I decided I didn't want to have any energy after the race and blew past him. It was really fun getting to do that and I believe it's my first race to do that.

Before I peace out and take a nap, here are some shots I got on the route:

Waiting in the corrals. There were tons of people dressed in kilts. Theming. It makes life so much better.

At every mile marker, there was this:

It made me smile.

I made sure to high five as many volunteers as I could and a bunch of them were dancing singing and cheering for us, making me look like a total slacker volunteer.

No comments:

Post a Comment