Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Things you are dying to know.


Or things you should be dying to know.

How's that smoke free life going?

Fantabulous! I can honestly say, after day 2, I only wanted a cigarette about 4 times. All due to stress related situations (i.e. The CCC Expo was a Holy Hot Mess of Clusterfuckedness. Taking my nieces shopping. Consuming alcohol. Eating ginorous meals because that's what I do when I go to the dirty dirty) 

I'm on a mission to find something that gives me as much pleasure as that second drag (everyone knows the 1st one sucks) of a cigarette. Once I find that, I will be golden. Gum is pretty much my new best friend and I'm ok with that. 

I haven't really noticed a difference in taste and smell, except I don't really want to be smelling some of the stuff New York has to offer. Plus I'm stuffy with the weather changes and traveling, so we will see. 

I do like my teeth feel cleaner for longer. 

I also haven't noticed a difference in running, because, well, I haven't been. This weekend I was too busy worrying about heat stroke and dying. Then, last night was a disaster. I went to the gym, signed up for a treadmill but when my time came, the treadmill was out of order. Seriously?! No one could've mentioned that when I signed up? I really hate my ghetto fabulous gym, but I don't go often enough to justify spending more on a better one. But don't worry. I strength trained at home after eating Chipotle to make me feel better. 

But Sleep. This is where I have noticed a difference. I dream. I never dream. I don't know if it's because I can breathe better thus sleeping better or if it's because I live dangerously and sleep with the patch on. Either way, I'm thoroughly enjoying the dreams. Not like that, weirdo. It's just fun waking up everyday realizing I get a little more messed up in the head after every dream. I don't really like remembering the dreams because they affect me the same way movies and books do, but it's fun for now. 

Why aren't you super stoked about Nashville this weekend?

I am. I'm just nervous about the heat and if I have been doing enough to keep my endurance level up. 
I need to mentally brainwash myself into running it like a training run not a race and I think I will be ok. I really don't like running alone because then I'm stuck with myself and my thoughts. When I run with Anna, I can at least live vicariously through her stories. 

Plus, I just look over at this:


And I get excited again. This will be in my position when I finish.
It's been on my wall since February. 
Yes. I have pictures of medals, race schedules and awesome designs in my cubicles not people. 
I should probably fix that. 

Anyway.
Today is my Thursday. I will be doing as much laundry as I can as soon as I get home and unpack my suitcase just to repack it. Bring on more travels! 

What are you doing this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment