Thursday, August 8, 2013

(3 things) Blisters, Running clothes categories and Costumes

Tip of the day: Trying to break in those cute new (non-running) shoes but keep getting blisters on your heel? Vaseline works wonders for running, why not do the same? I usually just resort to the huge band-aids but a coworker told me she uses Vaseline or Vics vaporub and it works like a charm. Genius, right? I don't know how it's going to work on already forming blisters, but I bought the tiny-sized and will reapply as necessary. Apply liberally and say goodbye to the band aid gu tattoo (is that just me?) Am I late to the party on that one? Carry on. . . 

SO cute, yet SO painful

Can we talk about the fact I just put away about a month's worth of running clothes (your welcome, B :) and I can safely come to the conclusion that I have a problem. It used to all fit in one nice drawer. Now that drawer is just tops and my bottoms have joined the rest of the bottoms in my closet on my top shelf. As I was putting these away, I decided to group them into categories, so depending on my mood/ what I'm doing, it would be easy to grab. For your entertainment, I present you those categories:

Bottoms

Shorts- Fun designed, Compression, Black

Capris- Fun designed/ colors, Running, Gym, Yoga,  ill-fitted but I keep them just in case, House- too worn out but super comfie to to errands/ clean the house


Pants- Lululemon
, Winter running, lounge pants

Tops

Tank- Under something (aka tight), Over something (aka too loose to wear alone), Perfects (my favorites), Special occasions aka half marathons only (usually Nike), Gym, Yoga, ill-fitted but kept just in case, cotton for changing into after working out on a hot summer day

Tshirts- Perfects (usually UA), Perfect race tshirts, The race shirts I like but don't fit we'll and I can't bring myself to throw away, Plain tshirts, The tech tees that I wear as normal clothes, Tech tees too big and changing into after working out on normal weathered days, Cotton tees to change into on normal weathered days.


Please tell me I'm not the only one who has different workout clothes depending on what I'm doing?! 

Of all the races I've ever run,
these are the only acceptable tech tees I'd ever run in/ wear.
brought to you by instagram

Whoever was betting 4 weeks out, YOU WIN! I've officially been bitten by the costume bug. I have NO idea where it came from but inspiration struck last week and I just rolled with it. The slue of "how to pack for Disneyland" posts even got me thinking (and for the record, calm your crazy people. We're not even tapering yet!) and that's when it hit me. Let's be honest, there has only been one Disney race I haven't dressed up for (but it was inspired by!). I picked up most of the stuff I need to get crafty last weekend during my errands day, but we'll see how it turns out this weekend. I will be packing regular running clothes, just in case. I'm also fairly certain The Mad Hatter is going to make a repeat appearance. It's only fitting, right? The 10k IS Alice in Wonderland themed and I am there to get my Coast to Coast. . . . stay tuned! 

 
What's something new you learned this week?

16 comments:

  1. I have the same problem and I have a huge drawer dedicated to just workout clothes...the one thing that's keeping my drawer from overflowing is that I don't save my race shirts. Cute costume by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant bring myself to throw away the cute designs that are wear-able bc goodness knows those are few and far between!

      Delete
  2. I agree, very cute costume. Can't wait to see what else you come up with for the other races!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My drawer is quickly filling up and I am finding out what I like best so I can just buy those :-). I have two race shirts I still like, but I will soon have a Women Rock jacket and tank after I finish my first half marathon and those are nice! Cute costume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like too many different things, haha! Definitely keep your first half marathon stuff!

      Delete
  4. CUTE costume!! I am with you - I have different workout clothing depending on my certain workouts, too! I still have NO idea what I'm wearing for Disneyland. Oy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! No worries, you still have time. I haven't fully decided yet either. I'm sure I'll over pack :)

      Delete
  5. Mad Hatter! Love it!!!

    I have entirely too many running clothes. I currently have a big drawer for warm weather stuff and a big drawer for cool weather stuff, and race t-shirts go into my "other workout stuff" drawer if they're cotton. But, hey, I could be a druggie or a drunk - at least my addiction is healthy. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My collection is growing quicker than I thought! I've found a few favorites and mostly stick to those in a bunch of colors to mix and match.
    Good tip about the Vaseline! I'll have to try that next time I have new shoes.
    Karen @karenlovestorun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize how fast it could happen, too!

      No prob, glad to help!

      Delete
  7. I could have sworn that I commented on this, but I'm getting senile so maybe not, lol! I can't get rid of my tech race shirts-even the ugly ones that don't fit! At least rD is going to have women's sized shirts next year!! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ugly ones make is very easy. The cute ones that don't fit make it hard.

      Delete
  8. Ooh, I hope to see that one again! It was so freaking cute on you. You are so darn creative with your costumes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, ma'am! I'm pretty sure it'll be coming back. Can't wait to see what you've come up with this time :)

      Delete