Friday, August 23, 2013

Last weekend of Summer Streets 2013


Like the previous week, I only had 5 miles to do, so this time I decided to run from 14th street uptown and then back. 

The route was definitely less crowded going downtown. The higher I went, the less people there seemed to be. It was awesome! The only time I really experienced any kind of congestion was on the bridge at Grand Central Station and completely understandable. How many times can you walk up Park Avenue Viaduct and through the Helmsley Building?! 

The uptown rest stop even had a mini-golf course! 

Since I was doing a "short" long run, I decided to stop by the helmet rest stop to see how long the line was (I have been talking about wanting one for the past 2 years after all!), but they moved it this year to 24th street. Boo! When I got there, the line was as far as I could see- at least an Avenue long. I don't know how long the wait was, but I really needed to get home. Another Boo. I guess it's not meant to happen. 

I love the water fountains, but my only complaint is there are no bathrooms!

Every year the streets seem to have more and more fun stuff to do. If you're in the area, I highly suggest waking up early one Saturday to experience it- especially if you want to do any of the activities! 

6 comments:

  1. This is why I love cities like NYC and Austin - so much fun, fit stuff to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I can complain about the city often, but then I remember where else can I experience this?

      Delete
  2. That is just so cool that they do that. I love it!! And yes, water fountains are great but bathrooms are a must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always hate trying to figure out which business is going to let a sweaty smelly runner use their bathroom. That's the only thing thats annoying!

      Delete
  3. I live in a really boring city. Siiiiiiiggghhh. Looks like you had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete