Sunday, August 25, 2013

Dumbo Taper week!


Monday: Rest

Tuesday: Chick Boxing

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Yoga in the park

Friday: Rest

Saturday: 4.87 for the Just a Little Dopey virtual race! 

Sunday: Rest


In true taper fashion, I believe I have given up on running. Not on purpose, but this week hasn't been very running friendly. I think I over did it last weekend and it put me all out of wack. I had to duck out of Chick-Boxing right before it ended because I was feeling light headed. I almost tried to get on the treadmill, but I decided it would be best to chill out. I will make sure to especially get my weekday runs in next week. I've not run the week before a half marathon and it's not pretty. 


Thursday my oldest friend in NYC wanted to do Yoga in Bryant Park. Seeing as this wasn't a request I normally get from her and I hadn't seen her in awhile, I jumped at the chance! I totally forgot I wanted to do this all summer. When it rained all day, I wasn't too hopeful. But it stopped raining around 5, so they moved the class onto the terrace. It was a really great class and my abs are still feeling it! When I get back from Dumbo, I think I'd like to keep going; I believe it's until the end of September. 

Saturday's run started terrible but ended well. I decided I wanted to test out my PureFlows; same verdict. My feet were not having it. I've been having calf pain and I was hoping switching shoes would help; it only made me want my Ghosts. The plan was to do 4, but I added the .87 for the Just a Little Dopey virtual race. I got my medal earlier this week and Saturday was my first chance to run. Speaking of virtual races, The Banana's Splits virtual race starts next week! There is still time to register, check it out here.

Cutest medal ever!

I got a massage yesterday and when they say Deep Tissue can feel like a hard workout, they meant it. I am definitely feeling it! I'm hoping it cleared up my calf and hamstring issues and I'm ready for a clean slate for Dumbo. 

Now it's time to start packing and getting excited! 
How was your week?

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great week to me!! :0) Love your Dopey medal! So cute! Yoga in Bryant Park sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully next time we can experience it on the grass, the cement was a tad brutal.

      Delete
  2. That is such a cute medal! Best of luck-- how exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel ya girl....taper is WELCOMED

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish there were cute fitness classes like Yoga in the Park around here. How was it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely look to see if studios offer something like it. . it was amazing!

      Delete
  5. I'm all signed up for your virtual race! I can't wait to seeeee yooouuuuu!!! Only 5 more days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to go to the Bryant Park yoga sometime, I really should come into the city and check it out one night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a super cute medal!! Yay for a massage and hopefully it does the trick. I can't believe its almost here!! Happy Packing (and safe flying) and hopefully I'll see you there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ma'am! You too! Can't wait to see you!

      Delete