Thursday, August 1, 2013

(3 things) Sweet potato tater tots, August and beautiful secrets

Tonight, my plans got cancelled. I was going to work on my social skills and gave a drink or two. Crazy, right?! Now the highlight of my night was geeking out with the Trader Joe's cashier over sweet potato tater tots. What what?! I know. You don't have to say it. But in all seriousness, I was kind of relieved. It's been a week! 


It's officially August! You know what that means?! #DumboDareChallenge is THIS month- or at least the 10k portion of it. If you're participating and haven't checked out the runDisney website for the 411, you are a slacker and need to get on this. They've uploaded the race courses, the waivers and the race programs! I will try very hard to keep the Dumbo talk to a minimum as it gets closer, but I can't make any promises. Not to put any pressure on it, but this race has been in the making for the past 2 years. I can't believe it's almost here. I'm too excited to sleep! 

Honestly, I'm also getting a little overwhelmed. A ton of people I know (IRL and Social Media) are going and I have no idea how to juggle getting to see everyone and getting to see everything. There just isn't enough time to do it all and that gives me anxiety. I feel like I want to create my own meet-up and everyone I know can come hang out with me for a couple of hours and be done with it. Sound like a good plan? Anyone else have this problem? How are you handling it? 


I will leave you with a picture from the 102 entrance to Central Park. I found out about this entrance when I ran the Pride Run in June and used it again for the Long Training Run last weekend. It's such a quiet and serene pathway (at least around 6AM), I feel like it's one of Central Park's beautiful secrets that many will never take the time to enjoy. 

What are some things that make you happy? 

13 comments:

  1. I will be at the pool bar =) at least post race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Dumbo! =) And yes, you should totally organize your own little get together! Meeting up with friends is half (or more than half!) the fun at these things! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I totally would if the thought of it didn't also stress me out. . Hopefully, I will think of something!

      Delete
  3. OMG I want sweet potato tater tots now! :)

    Yeahh for NYC...you just got me excited all over again for the marathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! It was amazing.

      I can't even think about NYCM until Dumbo is over, haha!

      Delete
  4. Sweet potato tater tots!??! Yum!! Haha - I want to go to your meet up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!

      Sadly, I don't have the patience to plan a meetup. But I'm sure I will see you :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, I didn't realize just how far behind I am on blog reading/posting! Sheesh!

    As far as meet ups go, I just planned on following you around like a lost puppy. How does that sound? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm down! I will send you an itinerary :)

      Delete
    2. Speaking of itineraries .. I ask the same questions over and over ... before we go I need to know when everybody gets to town and when they leave town. It makes my hotel and park stalking of you easier that way.

      Delete
  6. Just seeing your program there got me all twitterpated again! I cannot contain my excitement anymore. On our runs all I do is talk Disney ... when to pack, when do we land, what will we do first, what do I want to buy, EVERYTHING!!

    And I've been to too man runDisney things where I can't say no so I end up at all these meet ups and miss out on things I wanted to do ... so make sure you do what YOU want to do and not miss out just to try to see everybody. It does end up feeling hectic that way for sure. With that said ... you and I have a date with the Cupid Shuffle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, you're so right! I need to figure out a good schedule, but the Cupid Shuffle is tradition and non-negotiable :)

      Delete