Thursday, June 13, 2013

(3 Things) Broadway Bodies, Oakley sunglasses and The Package Tour


So, apparently, I go one week without doing my usual 3 things Thursday series or make my WoW post special edition and my loyal readers (coughBcough) start a riot! So, today, you get 2 posts. What?! I know. It's exciting. So much is going on; so much to talk about! 
 



I took another class through Classtivity on Tuesday at Broadway Bodies. It was a super cute class that each week teaches you a different routine from a Broadway musical or from something in pop culture (i.e.- I saw on the website, the routine from Smash when they do Rumor has it). The class I went to was a routine from Bring It On, the musical. I met a couple of girls right away, who were really sweet and helped calm my nerves. It was fun and relaxing and a good way to sneak in a good cardio workout. If you're into Broadway musicals, like to dance (no experience necessary) and having a non-pressure workout environment, it's definitely a good option.


Top: Obsessed Middle: Commit Bottom: Urgency


I won a pair of Oakleys thanks to the Oakley Mini10k instagram contest! What?! You have no idea how happy I was. I had been talking about them so much, I'm pretty sure B was just going to buy them to shut me up. I'm hoping I can pick the ones I want, because as much of a fan of the Commits, The Obsessed would be better for my go-to multi-purpose sunglasses. Yet, the Urgencys were the instagram favorites. What's your vote?




Yes, This week has been a doozie. . . and it's not over! Yesterday, on top of all the excitement of the Spirit of the Marathon screening (which will get it's own post later) and the Oakley contest, PIC won tickets to The Package Tour: NKOTB, 98 degrees and Boys II Men! For tonight. At the Izod Center. In Jersey. And guess who's going with her? The things this woman talks me into! I have another classtivity class tonight (I refuse to pay the $20 cancellation fee)- so I will be going straight to Port Authority. Attending a boy band concert in spandex. . . how appropriate. Never a dull moment with the PIC, I tell you. Wish us luck! If BIIM doesn't play Motown Philly (Full house anyone?!)- I'm going to be pissed!

Are you a fan of schedules or spur of the moment plans?

8 comments:

  1. I won a pair of Oakleys from the instagram contest too!!! I couldn't believe it! I've been talking about them forever and just bought a $20 pair on Sunday to try out before taking the plunge, to see if I even like running in sunglasses. (Turns out I do.) I instagrammed the Commits, but I didn't take it seriously, hope I actually like them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YaY! Congrats! I know someone else who won, too.

      I went to get mine yesterday at the Times Square store and they're really great there. You can try different ones on to see which you like. They're active, so the nose piece and arms have special traction material, so when you sweat they stick instead of slip. I think we're going to love them :)

      Delete
  2. I <3 Boyz II Men! So jealous. Have fun! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, we completely missed all of BIIM and caught 2 98 degree songs. Boo! But we heard the stadium went INSANE when they rocked Motown Philly. Next time ;)

      Delete
  3. A work out class where you learn Broadway routines?! Sign me up. I would totally do that. Sounds so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would so do a class that taught Broadway routines!! Of course I'm super uncoordinated, but I'd still do it. I caught Boys II Men at Epcot one year - I'd forgotten how much I love Motown Philly (which btw, is going to be stuck in my head the rest of the day). Add in NKOTB and 98 degrees? Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one was coordinated in that class and it was a super fun and relaxed atmosphere.

      Right?! I forgot I even liked boy bands!

      Delete