Friday, June 21, 2013

Portugal 5M


Wow. I did not realize that going clockwise through the park would be so hilly. . and worse hills, I might add! I always thought the 3 bitches on the west side were the worst going the other way. I was proven wrong on Sunday. At least it was just the lower and middle loops; no Harlem Hill, but it could've easily snuck in there on me. It was pretty brutal. The weather was a saving grace, though. It rained a little when I was getting to mile 1, but stopped. I'll take it; better than heat and humidity. 

I'm sure it didn't help that the first mile and a half I had a calf cramp. No thanks to the non-running week I had, I'm sure. Although, for not running AT ALL (except maybe to get to the Izod Center because we were super late to the concert) last week, I think I did pretty well. Not well enough to PR, but that's ok! I knew I wasn't going to, but I did want to push myself as much as I could. From now on I'm no longer just going to get through it. I'm going to challenge myself. How else am I going to get faster? Hope I can keep that thinking up.





I am a fan of tech tees. . .and compression socks! 

Thanks, Portugal, for the boost of confidence.

2 comments:

  1. Hearing about the hills in CP is scaring me for NYCM. Eek.

    Sweet socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NYCM barely runs through Central Park, but I will say when I ran the last 10 miles of the course, there are about 3 "hills" that really piss me off since they're so close to the end.

      Delete