Sunday, June 2, 2013

Dumbo Training week 5


MON: Rest

TUES: The Memorial Day virtual 5k (3.1M on a treadmill somewhere in NYC)

WED: Rest

THURS: 2 Zumba classes because after the first one, I decided I hated running.

FRI: Rest

SAT: Rest

SUN: Isreal 4M

This week, I declared I hated running. Even though I bought new shoes (which totally helped! No more pain! YaY!), I clearly still need a new attitude. Tuesday's 5k was actually awesome, I got really close to my PR and my legs felt great. But once Thursday rolled around, I just couldn't bring myself to get on the treadmill. Maybe it's time to stop being lazy and actually start going to the park for weekday training. I really need to get my mojo back because this does not bode well for the next 3 months. 

How'd your week go?

12 comments:

  1. I don't hate running, but running hates me. Pretty sure that running would have dumped me by now if I weren't such a scary stalker girl. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, this made me laugh! Maybe that's my problem, too!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad the change of shoes helped! Hope the motivation is back this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I decided I was getting back on the wagon as a serious runner today. I set my alarm for 4:30 (because it was 109 yesterday and the sun will melt your skin off) and proceeded to hit snooze until 6:30. That's right, I literally hit snooze for 2 hours. Who does that? So yeah, I need someone to light a fire under me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I'm so guilty of that, too. Let's hope we can get some mojo soon! or we are going to be some sad Dumbos.

      Delete
  4. I often decide I hate running. In fact I am currently on hiatus because I just can't seem to get it together.

    I hope you get your mojo back soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, Summer! I totally understand and hope you do, too!

      Delete
  5. I pretty much hate running right now. If I didn't have a race in a few weeks I would not be able to drag myself out of bed. I'm just haphazardly running too. I really need to sit down and put together a plan. Maybe that will help. Although I'm totally going to copy you and start doing the weekly training report. Maybe that will help as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I will admit it does help. . .enough for me to half-ass it, then complain to yall :) j/k. But seriously, hope it helps!

      Delete
  6. I hope you're able to find your love of running again and am glad the new shoes helped. Maybe you can think of a small external motivator that would get you to the park? I'm sure that would make you enjoy running more than going to jump on the treadmill. Sometimes that just gets tiring...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan! I'm hoping that remembering how awesome running outside is a good enough motivator this week.

      Delete