Thursday, June 27, 2013

(3 things) marriage, marriage and where is the time going?!


First things first: Yesterday was amazing. Thank you, Supreme Court. It's very exciting and even better, it's NYC Pride! 2 years ago,  I was out of town when marriage was legalized in NYC (which also coincided with Pride weekend). I heard all the great things about the weekend and was bummed I wasn't there. The announcement was on Friday and Saturday was the Pride Run 5M. You can just imagine how amazing that experience would've been. But this year, I am so happy I get to be there and experience it for myself! Who knows?! I might even enjoy some of the festivities!- Just kidding. I scheduled another race for Sunday morning. Boo!


Speaking of marriage, I'm still exhausted from this past weekend's festivities. Nothing like going to one to make you realize exactly what you don't want to do for yours. I've always heard but just now noticing, weddings aren't really for the bride or groom or even their close family. It's for friends, not so close relatives, co-workers. . . the people who have no stake whatsoever. . how much sense does that make?! I just don't get it. Married people- what did you get out of your wedding? Was it worth it? 

(source)
Originally, I was going to bitch about the heat again, but can someone please tell me how it's already almost July?! Where was I for May and June? Is it just me or is the world spinning faster?! That JT meme is still friggin hysterical, btw. I don't care what month it is.

What's up in your world? 

9 comments:

  1. In retrospect, I really wish my wedding had been different, but honestly, all the stupid little things that bug me don't matter. The truth of it is that my wedding was a huge, rockin' party and everyone had fun. We even laughed during the ceremony. So, what I got out of it was a good time. Oh, and a husband. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I feel like it should be and glad to hear it! Except, all I've been seeing is a lot of misery.

      Delete
  2. My husband and I skipped the whole wedding thing, I've never wanted to have one. The two of us got married on a beach in Aruba, just the two of us. It was relaxing and intimate, perfect for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never really wanted a wedding. It's seems like so much work, money and stress. I think I'd rather elope to an island or go to Vegas and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vegas is where it's at! And even with that we were so happy when wedding stuff was done and we could just relax. It's been a full week now that we've finally incorporated our gifts into our house and put away decorations. *Note: I got married in APRIL!!!

    It's gonna be May --- that is hilarious! Good ol' JT from the NSync days. Loved him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, nice! Vegas is definitely an option.

      Delete
    2. I have an idea - run RnR Las Vegas in December and do the run in wedding chapel :-)
      Race is in December and it is at night. What a great time of the year. Fred needs to run NV too so he can cross it off for marathon maniacs.

      Delete