Sunday, June 9, 2013

Dumbo Training week 6


MON: Rest

TUES: Yoga

WED: 3.5M for National Running Day

THURS: Zumba

FRI: Rest

SAT: Oakley Mini 10K

SUN: Yoga: Wanderlust Festival

This week was definitely a break from the usual. Even though it was very busy outside of and on top of the training schedule switch up, it was nice to be out of the comfort zone. 

This upcoming week will be different, also. I need to get a few more classes through my classtivity passport before it expires (even though literally 2 classes and it pretty much paid for itself) and I'm going to just suck it up about not getting as much running in. I put it off because I didn't want to not go to the gym/run; or more honestly, I didn't want to switch up my routine too much. This week really helped throw me into the deep end of different things, so I'm hoping I can continue that streak. Sometimes I swear worrying about trying something new ends up being the silliest waste of time ever. It's really just about keeping the pre-jitters from stopping you. Once you're in it, none of that stuff matters anymore. But then again, sometimes those pre-jitters can be really powerful. Anyone have any tricks to fight this?

I am a little concerned that I'm not running as much as I should be, but I am rationalizing it as it's still pretty early in the training. I'm sure as long as I'm actually doing something it won't matter in the long run, right? No pun intended ;)

How was your week? 

6 comments:

  1. Dude, you'll totally be fine for Dumbo. We have tons of time and you're a pro at the half Mary distance. We're gonna rock it. And this time, I'll actually use a camera to document our awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I know. It's hard to remember I've run 26.2 miles before when getting through 6 feels rough right now!

      YES! There will be a TON of documentation!

      Delete
  2. You have plenty of time and will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree you have lots of time so enjoy it now because you be running, running, running, soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! What a good way to look at it. Thanks, Abby!

      Delete