Monday, June 10, 2013

Spirit of The Marathon II: In Select U.S. Theaters on Wednesday, June 12

Thinking about the movie, The Spirit of the Marathon, sends me back to that random candy/ ice cream store where I first watched the movie with my TNT family right before my first half marathon. 2+ yrs later it's now my go-to movie to watch during taper week. Just watching the trailer for the original Spirit of the Marathon gives me goosebumps and brings tears to my eyes. It's super inspirational for any runner.



If you haven't seen the original, you should do it today or tomorrow because the creators of the original are bringing us a sequel! It's screening in theaters nation wide this Wednesday, June 12!

(source)
A description from the press release: Set against the sweeping backdrop of a 26.2 mile marathon race through the historic streets of Rome, Italy, “Spirit of the Marathon II” focuses on seven inspiring individuals whose lives will forever be transformed by the experience. Audiences will be transported to six countries for an intimate “up close and personal” look into the runners’ lives and the challenges they face – both physical and emotional – on an epic journey where finishing the Rome Marathon is anything but certain. The event also features inspirational interviews with marathon greats Stefano Baldini, Paula Radcliffe, Frank Shorter, Kathrine Switizer and others as they offer perspective and insight into this legendary race and its history. This one-night event will include behind-the-scenes interviews, deleted scenes and memorable outtakes from the filming of the documentary.

For tickets to “Spirit of the Marathon II” and a list of all the participating theater box offices go here.

Also, A portion of the proceeds from the “Spirit of the Marathon II” event will be donated to The One Fund Boston to assist those families most affected by the tragic events that unfolded during the 2013 Boston Marathon on April 15. The Competitor Group, along with organizations representing all facets of the running industry, has launched RunNow.com to raise money for The One Fund Boston and promote the sport of running.


Disclaimer: I received passes to see this movie, but was planning on seeing it anyway.

Are you excited about the viewing? 

15 comments:

  1. So excited about this! Especially since I lived in Italy last year and it takes place in Rome. What theater are you going to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not happy that it's only the one day. I already have something going on at the only time it's being shown locally. And it's something that I HAVE to do :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I don't like that either, but I'm sure it'll be available to buy soon (hopefully!)

      Delete
  3. I didn't see the first one but wanted to..hopefully I can get out and make this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog. It's come a long way since the "Nicotine Queen" days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to see it with a group of runner friends. I can't wait. I watched the original last summer while training for NYCM and cried through most of it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me tooo!! Who am I kidding, I cried during the trailer.

      Delete
  6. I'm going to see it with some running friends too! Watched the original over the weekend...love Deena & Joanie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! Right?! When I first saw it, I had no idea who Deena was. lol.

      Delete
  7. Totally wish I could see this in the theater - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will have to watch it! Ran my second 3rd race, a 5K on Saturday and did the Foam Fest Sunday...what a muddy mess. Can't wait to sign up for the princess 1/2 tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats!! Are you going to do the Glass Slipper Challenge, too?

      Delete