Thursday, October 24, 2013

(3things) winter coats, pecan pie Clifbars and an #awesomelyactive sweepstakes!


It's getting cold!! So cold, I almost wore my winter coat today. But then again, who am I kidding, I will try to find any excuse to wear it. It's a wonder I haven't tried to bust it out sooner. I never knew you could be so warm in a coat before this one! It's amazing. Although, it might be nice to not have to wear it for a couple of weeks. I am a fan of hoodie weather too. But it also means it's time to switch out my closet. I'm being super lazy about it, but it'll be a perfect distraction from the 2nd week of tapering. 

That, and I'm on a mission to find my favorite Gu flavor for the marathon. Last weekend, I took a trip to REI for the new Clifbar flavors and they were out of pretty much all Gu. Really? 


Speaking of Clifbars, I am super excited that it's special flavor time of year! Pecan Pie?! What? That's amazing. I was already a fan of Iced Gingerbread and I'm not sure how I feel about Pumpkin Pie yet. I just need them to release the Peppermint flavor and all will be well in the world. 


The fabulous ladies at Tampax have informed me they are partnering with three-time gold medalist and professional volleyball player Kerri Walsh Jennings for “The Kerri Walsh Jennings Active Experience” sweepstakes for a chance to play volleyball with Kerri in Manhattan Beach, California. The awesomely active grand prize includes a private training session with Kerri, two-night trip to Manhattan Beach for the lucky winner and three friends, lunch with Kerri, $1,000 in spending money and a year supply of Tampax Pearl Active. To enter, you can visit www.awesomelyactive.com. The sweepstake is from October 19 until November 3, 2013. So, you should enter! Full Disclosure: I am not being compensated to tell you about it. I just really love the #awesomelyactive campaign and wanted to pass along the information.

What's your favorite Clifbar flavor?

7 comments:

  1. I love the peppermint one the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Let's hope they come out again this year.

      Delete
  2. Dude, I need to run out and get those Clif Bars STAT. They all sound delicious. Have you tried peanut butter flavored GU? I really like that one. Last year they had peppermint GU at christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of peanut butter Gu. I like the blue Roctane. I have some peppermint left over from last year, I'll probably bring with me! Thanks for reminding me!

      Delete
  3. Dude, I literally posted to my twitter account two weeks ago that I was on a mission to find the seasonal Cliff Bars. I want to Taste Test all of them (Pecan Pie, What?!?), but can't find them anywhere in NOLA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can send some to you? Or you can order them off of drugstore.com

      Delete
    2. They'll make it to Whole Foods eventually. I'm just impatient. Thanks!

      Delete