Thursday, October 3, 2013

(3 Things) Running Costumes, Reservations and Bomb Girls


It's Tower of Terror weekend- EVE! This is seriously my favorite. You can read more about why on the Team RunDisney page. or here:



Let's just be honest, anytime I can wear 3 different costumes in one weekend, I'm a happy camper. Sadly, I didn't get to go all out this time around, but I'm really happy what I've decided on. I've even convinced B on appropriate costumes for Mickey's Not So Scary (we decided on Ralph and Vanellope over a year ago, but do you know how hard it is to find reasonably priced brown overalls?! That and there were just too many elements I waited until the last minute for. . but ce la vie! Next year ;)

Half way through my hat-making for ToT, my glue gun decided to explode. Twice. Flames and all. I'm not sure if it was trying to tell me something- but it has gotten me through pretty much all of my runDisney costumes . . . RIP, little guy. I've also found out, velcro is the next best thing!


As luck would have it, I scored reservations to Be Our Guest for a fabulous anniversary dinner pre- Mickey's not so scary Halloween Party. Yall, have no idea how upset I was when I called 180 days out and was told they were sold out because apparently, you can actually book 10 days earlier than your trip. I had been randomly checking the site since and yesterday was  my lucky day! Is it just me or is it quite hilarious that we will be celebrating our fanciness in full Halloween costumes?!


TV is back! I'm so very excited to see that the majority of the shows our apartment watches made it to another season. Nashville, Revenge, SCANDAL!, Modern Family, The Neighbors, Once upon a Time (AND in Wonderland!)- oh my! While I was waiting, I found yet another amazing show via Netflix, Bomb Girls. The show is from Canada (which is always a plus to me!) and it's based during World War II when women went to work in factories while the men were at war. Sadly, it did not get picked up for a 3rd season, but I'm half way through the 2nd one and it's still worth watching. It's kind of crazy to think this wasn't that long ago. Even crazier? Countries used to fight wars and everyone was affected. They even pitched in to help with the effort on the home front- who knew?! Could you imagine? 
What TV shows are you excited about this season? Anything new? I haven't even had a chance to see what's on! 

12 comments:

  1. Have a blast at Mnsshp and the races! I was excited that Nashville is back on too. I've only seen the Modern Family when it was on repeats but thought it was funny so will now make a point to watch it every week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! Can't wait to follow you on twitter and instagram! Have a great run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved BOG!! It will be a great dinner for you guys!

    I've been looking for something new to watch on Netflix so I will have to try Bomb Girls out! I totally love the style of that era, and if it wasn't for the lack of internet I would have loved to live then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like a ton of people I "know" from the interwebs are going to be at ToT. I'd never even heard of it till recently. I hope you have a great time! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SCANDAL!!!! I still don't have cable yet or internet (coming sooon!!!!) but thank goodness for friends with internet and hulu!! I was finally able to watch the first episode of Scandal. I'm sadly behind on everything else. And now I MUST watch Bomb Girls!! I am fascinated by that era.

    Yay for BOG and ToT!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arg- think I deleted my attempt to comment. If not, ignore this one, lol. Love fall season premiers. I want to check out OUAT Wonderland. Looks really good. Can't wait for your ToT recap. You and B looked like you were having so much fun on Instagram. I was a little jelly...;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm intrigued as well!

      Thanks! We did have tons of fun . . so much, I'm still exhausted!

      Delete