Thursday, October 3, 2013

NYC Marathon: 4 weeks to go!


Monday: Rest

Tuesday: ChickBoxing and 2.5M

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Zumba and 3M

Friday: Rest

Saturday: The Haunted Trails 5k and The Tower of Terror 10M= 13.1M

Sunday: Rest

FOUR WEEKS!!! Pardon my mini-freakout! 

Ok. Done.

After 2 weeks of very light training, it was a tad hard to get back into the groove. I was definitely tuckered! Work hasn't really let up much, so the habit of going home to crash was still fresh in my mind. Luckily, there was a race-cation in there to sweeten the deal :)

I've been very excited to be getting 2.5 miles done in under 30 minutes- which includes a warm up and a cool down. I know. It's crazy. I'm like Kenyan-fast now. But, as we all know, it's all fun and games on the treadmill. I really need to take the party outside, but I wanted to get in classes to make up for the previous light weeks. Hopefully, next week I won't be lazy and get to the park- and it would be nice if it wasn't 80 degrees. PS- anyone else confused by the bipolar weather this week?! Anyway, I also realized I've been really lenient on my speed and hill work since Dumbo. I could also be better about stretching and rolling. Clearly, this time around I'm a lot more lax. 

How's your training? What's going on in your world?

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe how fast its coming up! And 2.5 miles under 30 min? Awesome!! I'm so determined to wake up tomorrow and get a "quick" workout in because it hasn't been happening at night at all. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GOOD LUCK! You got this. I can't believe it's getting so close either!

      Delete
  2. Sad that I won't be joining you in NYC this year! Boooo! Great job on your speedy 2.5 miles. Hills and speed work seem to be making a big difference in my running, even though I hate both...lol

    ReplyDelete