Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2013

The day started around 1pm- after partying with the villains until 4AM the night before. We had a small bite to eat and got dressed before heading to The Magic Kingdom (on party nights, you are allowed to enter the park as early as 4pm) for our celebration (instead of presents for holidays or anniversaries, we go on vacation. It's a perfect plan for us). I was so excited I snagged last minute Be Our Guest reservations. They were for 4:05, exactly what I wanted so we could be done easting early enough to enjoy the party. 

We asked specifically to sit in the west wing and it was perfect! As exciting as it is to sit in the grand ballroom, it gets a little too loud. The West Wing was quiet and cozy, especially because it was still early for a real dinner rush. And every 8 minutes we got to watch a rose petal fall and the picture of the prince turn into the beast! 

They're now offering the grey stuff as a dessert option! I heard it's usually a cupcake but we got this one and it was, in fact, delicious.


After dinner, the master was seeing guests, so we paid him a visit. Word of advice? Do not admit to The Beast you're not the cook of the house. He pushed me out of the picture and B hasn't let me forget it since. 

We decided we weren't going to stand in the 2+ hour lines for Jack and Sally or the 7 dwaves, which left us with lots of time to enjoy the party!

The one thing B wanted to do was ride Thunder Mountain. It's her fav and it was closed the last time we were there. This was the only time we were really planning to be in the Magic Kingdom this trip, so it was a top priority. But since we weren't ready to ride a rollercoaster, we made stops on the way at It's a small world (a must-do for me) and then Haunted Mansion. 


While we were in the stretch room, there was a little girl so scared, her blood kertelling screams were actually making me uncomfortable. It did provide us with some entertainment, it's been awhile since The Haunted Mansion scared me but I do remember a time when I would've been the screaming girl. Good times.

Once we were in Frontierland, we stopped for water at Pecos Bill (tip: Do not waste time eating at the party, the lines for food were INSANE and that really eats up time) and ended up watching the parade through their outside waiting area. B liked it so much, we decided to watch it the second time. Which I would like to take the time to point out she was against this idea when I first mentioned it (hey, if she's going to forever remind me of The Beast situation, I can say I told you so!). It was nice to get to see the headless horseman this year. Last year, it rained and he didn't come out.


 We caught Halowishes in front of the castle. Neither of us were huge fans of it, but the Celebrate the Magic pre-show was AMAZING. I don't know if it was new or something special, but it's definitely worth watching.

The Tangled Rest area is gorgeous at night. The women's bathroom is beautifully painted by Rapunzel and I hear the men's bathroom uses frying pans as decoration. 

If you don't know by now, I really like character hunting (the more rare the better or any of the Fab 5 in costume!) and I knew I wanted pictures with Needleman and George Sanderson from Monsters, Inc at the Scream-O-ween dance party and The Toy Story crew at Woody's Roundup since we were dressed as Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head. Sadly, the characters at the dance parties aren't allowed to stop dancing for pictures. If you want one with them, you have to "dance" up to them and snap it quickly. That wasn't really possible if I wanted both of us in the photo, so we didn't get those.


But we did get pictures with another of B's favorite!

and then we had to visit the boss himself.

We did visit more candy stops this year (including both candy trails), but still only managed to get a half of a bag of candy. It still baffles me people can manage to get more- enough to warrant bringing bigger bags! But I guess if that's a priority for you, then it's possible. 


We did stop into Gaston's Tavern and I got some Lefou's Brew in an awesome beer mug! It was as delicious as I thought it would be. If you're into it, there are a couple of spots that offer Party-only snacks: Be Our Guest has 2 different special desserts and Storybook Treats in Fantasyland offers Candy Corn flavored ice cream!

14 comments:

  1. I can't wait to go Nov 1 on the last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a total blast!!! That dessert looks amazing!!! I can't believe how often you are at Disney :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really yum!

      Just trying to get good use out of my annual pass :) As soon as it expires, there won't be as many trips.

      Delete
  3. AH, so much fun! I went to the MNSSHP last year and had a blast. I love your costumes! I'm so jealous you snagged BOG reservations...I went in 180 days in advance for my Wine and Dine trip, and couldn't get them (!!!), so I'm hoping to luck out, too. I agree re: the candy...we ended up with hardly anything last year, and it wasn't anything special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed you get BOG reservations- just keep trying! If not, I also hear if you go there when dinner starts at 4, you could have a chance to get in as well.

      Delete
  4. I love BOG!! The Grilled Strip Steak with Pomme Frites was amazing!!

    I've never been to MNSSHP, but it looks really fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's our favorite dish as well!

      You should go, it is really fun.

      Delete
  5. Could you guys be any cuter? Glad you had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds awesome! A friend of mine flew to Orlando last night to take her son to Disney. Since Halloween is my fav holiday, I am, of course, jealous of all of you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO much fun! We love MNSSHP! The parade is my favorite...love the headless horeseman and the gravediggers! Candy corn ice cream? Why didn't I know of this before? SMH...sad times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found out about it when I was there! Next year ;)

      Delete