Sunday, October 27, 2013

NYCM is next weekend!



Monday: Rest

Tuesday: Rest

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Zumba and 2M

Friday: Rest

Saturday: 6M

Sunday: Rest

I spent the majority of this week recovering from the cold/ sinus thing, only to get sick all over again. It's been really annoying. But since I've decided to dowse everything I own in Lysol, I think it's getting better. Then, I went and fell asleep with my hair wet right as the weather was changing and I was back where I started. Not the brightest crayon in the box.

I'm blaming that and anything else I can on the taper. I'm trying to keep it in check, but it has a mind of it's own this time. I don't know if I can handle another week of this! I've diagnosed myself with every disease imaginable and all kinds of injuries. . . I feel like time is standing still! I just want it to be over with but at the same time I need to enjoy every moment. The military can learn a thing or two from a tapering marathoner. . it could be the best form of cruel and unusual punishment.


Plus, the nerves are about to be my undoing. It's been a minute since I've been genuinely nervous about finishing a race. Probably the last marathon I ran? I'm extremely comfortable with 13.1 miles. In fact, I'm so comfortable, I'm not improving (. . . which I should really work on that). But 26.2? Not so much. One foot in front of the other, right? and just keep swimming! 


What have I gotten myself into?! 

My 6 miler for the week went well. It was the first official cold morning and I forgot how hard it can be to get moving when it's cold. I think I've even forgotten how to dress for it! I am very excited that it's finally here, though. Running in the heat and humid is totally for the birds as far as I'm concerned. 

Don't mind the crazy runner in the reflection. 
She's just tapering.

It also made me think about what was going on last year at this time. I feel like I've spent the past 2 years in training limbo for this marathon and I'm just ready to move on. I just need to keep reminding myself to enjoy it and take it all in. 

Do you have any last minute advice? 

15 comments:

  1. I'm curious to see if you end up loving this race so much, you'll wind up doing it again sometime. Preferably in 2014, of course! Lol!

    Just keep reminding yourself that unless there's a blizzard next weekend, nothing will be as terrible as this year's WDW marathon, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I will ever love running anything for 26.2 miles more than I love B- who I've promised I'd never do this again ;)

      BUT the good news is I'm a local and I will definitely be out there cheering for you! Who knows? I might jump in for a couple of miles!

      Thank you for reminding me I actually lived through that. haha!

      Delete
    2. Is the marathon route near your apartment? I think NYCM is one if those races that would be fun to spectate!

      Delete
  2. I just wanted to say that I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh girl I hope you get to feeling better soon!! I hope you enjoy the rest of your taper and have a great race! Take your time and enjoy the moment! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck this weekend! You are going to have a blast! I really, really hope you are feeling back to 100%. And enjoy the cooler weather it will feel magical!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is definitely one of the things I'm really looking forward to!

      Delete
  5. You can do 13.1 with your eyes closed, right? Right. So... this is just TWO half marathons. With no break in between. LOL You are going to ROCK THIS! Seriously. Plus, it's NYCM, baby!! I know a bunch of people who are running it, and collectively, ya'll are going to kick much butt. For realz. ;-)

    My "real" advice to you is..... just try to enjoy the experience! If you start to struggle at any point, just try to relax and think of people in your life that you love, and who support you, and just try to be happy. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt really under prepared going into Marine Corp last weekend, but honestly race day adrenaline really does so much! Just make sure to eat well, get rest and do your best to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wanted to wish you luck! You're going to ROCK this. Super excited for you -- enjoy it! Can't wait to read all about it! :-D

    ReplyDelete